It preserves the garments, articles and other holy relics used by Lord
Swaminarayan. These preciously preserved relics have been scientifically
restored and honorably displayed. They satisfy the spiritual thirst of
the visitors turning their visit into a private pilgrimage.
It is divided into five sections:
Hall of Garments:
Hall of Travels:
The interior is pious and precious. Textiles used by Lord Swaminarayan
have been treated, restored and displayed artistically and scientifically.
The garments the Lord wore in the region of Kutch, have been glass-framed
on a wall with Kutch designs. A traditional roof-tiled entrance invites
you into 18th century Chhapiya. Lord Swaminarayan's clothes like Pagh,
Jamo, Surwal, Doriyani Khes, Moka Khachar's Khes, Jariyani Khes, Miraculous
Khes, Shawl, Coarse Shawl, Gal Masuriyu, Dhoti, Topi of Kutch, Gaumukhi,
Angarkhu have been displyed.
Hall of Festivals:
hall is a combination of restoration and re-creation. Lord Swaminarayan
traveled far and wide, mostly on horseback, and at times by cart and
on foot. Here is an opportunity to see firsthand: the Chakhdi - the
Lord's wooden sandals; the Mafo - a renovated, original bullock cart
used by the Lord; the Rash - the reins of the mare Manki, and wooden
of Holy Remains:
Lord Swaminarayan celebrated many
festivals throughout the year. Here, life-like dioramas of festivals
and festive moments have been modelled. The Kadai, the Pichkari and
the Bag have been displayed in connection with special festive events.
Other holy objects have been glass-framed on a wall frescoed with
worshipful images, mythical designs and historical events of that
time. The patterns have been painted with natural dyes on sagol plaster
and it displys the objects like Hindola khat, Batak, Dabro, Thali,
Vadhi, Gaj used in festivities.
and silence; prayer and presence are the signs of this hall. Entirely
treated in white and red, to represent the two auspicious colors of
abil and gulal, the hall has a profoundly spiritual atmosphere. The
hall preserves the Holy Remains of Lord Swaminarayan's personal body.
His Teeth, Asthi and Charnarvind are presented here. Other precious
displays are Mala, Hair and Nails.
diorama displays the only existing letter handwritten by Lord Swaminarayan.
Presented here is a photographic replica, while the original letter
has been placed in special preservation. After journeying through
India as a teenage yogi and known by the name of Neelkanth Varni,
the Lord arrived in the village of Loj. He was extremely eager to
meet His Guru - Ramanand Swami. Expressing His respect and love and
describing the experience of His austerities and long pilgrimage,
Neelkanth wrote this letter to Ramanand Swami on 15 March 1800 CE
(Falgun vad 5, 1856 VS) in Hindi. This diorama setting has been created
from the exact descriptions found in the scriptures. And this letter
was gifted by Maniben who comes in the direct lineage of Mayaram Bhatt,
an intimate disciple of Lord Swaminarayan.